In marketing, aiming to see sales skyrocket implies giving your customers the best impression that would nudge them to buy instantly.
It is undeniable that in e-commerce today, announcements and campaigns are ways to get information and promotional messages across to visitors, first-timers, or returning customers on your website.
When planning a campaign you need to target your customers strategically which is why having promo bars pop up on your website at a noticeable spot gives you the chance to convince or leave an impression on your customers.
What to keep in check when creating a promo bar;
– Impressive images and design
– Actionable content that is, should motivate the visitor to take an action
– Offer lead capture
What is a Promo Bar?
A Promo Bar is a small designed box that contains promotional or informational messages and appears on a website each time there is a visitor to your website. It is used to show deals, free shipping, discounts, and more.
Promo bars can be used to instill a sense of urgency in your customers. It is also used to capture leads using offers or discounts to get customers to subscribe to your email list.
With Storebundle’s promo bar app, you can create a promotional bar for your Shopify store. The Storebundle app for Shopify provides the simplest and easiest method for creating a promo bar without any technical knowledge.
In less than a minute, you will have a promotion bar floating on your website. The following is an example of how you can activate multiple bars on your website with StoreBundle:
What To Gain Using Promotional Tools/Bars
– Increased subscriptions: Promo bars can be used to capture leads. When creating a lead capture bar, it would require the customer to give their email address. And most times, customers or visitors find it comfortable to give their email when there is an offer attached to it. For example, Get 5% off your first order, their CTA here is to submit their email to get their discount code.
– Capture Leads: Promo bars can help you capture leads and grow your email subscription.
– Brings your premium offers to customers: Promo bars are a campaign mechanism to notify customers about running sales and offers they can take advantage of while they buy.
– Displays promotional offers to increase sales: When bidding to increase sales, creating offers and deals that benefit your customers can make customers buy more than usual.
– Increase sales conversion: It can also convince visitors with no intention to buy initially. With this, sales conversion can increase which is why your promo bar should give the user a good impression
– Convey relevant information to customers: Information about your store can be displayed on your store’s index page or product page about a sales event coming up, flash sales, new openings, and so on.
How To Generate Leads Using Promotional Tools
When aiming at generating or capturing leads using marketing tools such as promo bars, there are key things to note and incorporate. These key things will help you prepare your promotional or welcome bars.
1. Be specific about your offer
When marketing with promotional bars, you might choose to include attractive discounts or offers that can entice visitors to do your bidding. If you want a new visitor to your store to join your mailing list, you can offer them a coupon that will be sent to their email.
When your offer is clearly stated in the promo bar, your visitors will be more likely to click the CTA. They will understand what to expect once they click the submit or buy button. Ensure your offers are compelling enough for your customers to want to take action.
2. Use direct words as CTA
Using clear and direct words for your CTA can help you generate a lead faster. It means you tell the visitor what to do after viewing the promo bar. Common words used for CTAs depend on what type of lead you are looking to generate.
If you want your customers to check out on their carts, you can create a promo bar. This will show them a discount they will get if they clear their carts within a given period. For example, “Checkout and get a 15% discount” or “Buy now and qualify for free delivery. Offer ends in 1hr:30mins:43secs”
Using specific words for your call to action will capture more leads for your store.
3. Captivate your customers with images or words
Having a catchy headline is a quick way to capture leads. Sometimes, online shoppers might not check out the details of a promotion but because they can view an interesting headline, they are all in.
Catchy headlines in marketing are a way to get on top of the game.
4. Personalized content
This might be easy to do for returning customers since you already have their data. You can create personalized content for each customer when preparing a promo bar or pop-up for your store. Personalized pop-ups or bars can inspire a customer to take an action or follow a lead.
Personalization is a marketing technique that has helped businesses increase revenue by up to 15%.
5. Have a target audience
If you know who your promotional message is for, you can determine the type of CTA, content, and offer to include in your promotional bar.
A very effective way to identify your audience is to sample what your customers need at the time or what goals you want to achieve with those marketing tools. If you are looking at reducing cart abandonment, you can create bars that can inspire customers to checkout.
Why Does Promo Bar Work?
– It is visible to everyone
– Details are usually attractive
– A central method of announcing deals
– Difficult to miss when displayed
– It is usually at an eye-catching spot