Spam bots are computer programs built to carry out spam activities across the internet. Spam bots are known for getting data across websites, creating fake accounts, inflating site traffic, and commenting sometimes for fraudulent reasons.
Spam visits are quite common in e-commerce stores because you need to get customer data like emails, contact details, etc. There are ways to reduce the impact of spam bots on your store.
• Block location of origin
• Create tests such as ReCaptcha to cut off bots
How To Reduce Spam Visits On Your Shopify Store
1. Install a spam filter on your website to automatically block spam visits.
2. Use captchas on your website forms to verify that users are human.
3. Regularly monitor your website traffic and analyze your referral sources to identify and block any suspicious or spammy websites.
4. Add a Honeypot field on your forms to trick bots into filling it out and flagging themselves as spam.
5. Limit the number of times a user can submit a form on your website to prevent spam bots from overwhelming your site.
6. Use a blacklist of known spammy IP addresses and block them from accessing your website. StoreBundle is an all-in-one Shopify growth toolkit with a Geo-Location Blocker/Redirect that can help you block spam IP addresses from visiting your store.
7. Utilize the spam protection features offered by your e-commerce platform, such as Shopify’s Spam Filter.
8. Use the “no follow” tag on your website’s links to prevent spam bots from following them and visiting your site.
9. Be careful about the types of links you include on your website and avoid linking to spammy or suspicious websites.
10. Engage with your website visitors and ask them to verify their humanity by answering a simple question or completing a captcha. This can help reduce the number of spam visits on your Shopify store.