Shopify bots are programmed software for store owners on Shopify to aid marketing activities.
Shopify bots are in two categories; one that automates the checkout process and the other that assists with marketing tasks such as chatbots and other customer support bots.
There are varying opinions about Shopify bots. While some say bots are harmful to their online store, others argue that bots help them sell fast.
To handle Shopify bots, it’s important to first understand what they are and how they operate. Shopify bots are automated software programs that are designed to perform specific tasks on the Shopify platform, such as adding products to cart, completing checkout processes, and generating fake reviews.
To effectively handle Shopify bots, you can take the following steps:
1. Identify and monitor suspicious activity on your Shopify store. This can include sudden spikes in traffic, fake reviews, and abnormal behavior from customers.
2. Use Shopify’s built-in fraud detection tools and third-party tools to monitor and block suspicious activity.
StoreBundle is a Shopify app built to help store merchants reduce bot activities on their stores. You can reduce traffic from bot dominated areas using our Geo-Location Country Blocker feature
3. Implement security measures such as captchas, reCAPTCHA, and other authentication methods to prevent bots from accessing your store.
4. Regularly review and update your security settings and policies to stay ahead of the latest bot tactics.
5. Use Shopify’s reporting tools to flag and report any suspicious activity to their support team for further investigation.
By staying vigilant and proactive, you can effectively handle bots and protect your store from fraudulent activity.